Thursday, September 27, 2007

we're ready


i think we're ready for the visitation and memorial service later today. my nieces completed the dvd picture slide show which i will be anxious to see. we selected things to put out of special significance and all wrote of few lines remembering russ which my niece kimi will read. i made of board showing all the wonderful GLO cards russ received with a picture of his quilt square that i made.

unk & dunk (my aunt & uncle) arrived safely and are currently on their way to pick mark up from school. matt should be arriving home in about an hour or so, bob is out running errands. this quiet time allows me time to blog!

a very special surprise was seeing my 2 best friends from college last night. linda (mez) is a methodist minister and has to do a funeral tonight in her church so she and ann (from dallas) drove up to see me last evening. ann flew into chicago and mez picked her up. mez will drop ann off in an hour or so and drive back. ann will stay for the visitation and get a ride back to mez's from my best friend from high school.

i feel so blessed to had made such wonderful friends over the years. 30+ years of friendships. wow.

12 comments:

arutherford said...

Nancy,
I woke up with you on my mind, which is saying a lot 'cause I woke up with a sinus headache! You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers today.

I know everything will go as God has planned, just like always and that you will be richly blessed being surrounded by your beloved family and friends.

Your on-line family is surrounding you in prayer, love and support.
Abundant blessings, especially today,
Ann

nancy said...

thank you ann for your kind words. they are always so soothing and comforting.

hope your sinus headache gets better. they are the worst!

Lori1955 said...

Nancy, you are in my heart today. I know it will be a day of mixed emotions as you mourn your loss and celebrate Russ's life.
I'm so happy that your friends came down to support you. I'm sure it is comforting to be surrounded by such love.

StefanieRose said...

I am thinking of you. I hope its all going well. I love you much. I cant see the moon tonight but I promise it will come back and will remind me of you always.

SKYGIRL said...

Oh Nancy....You are doing "SO" well! I am thrilled you had an unexpected 'good' surprise, and happy for you, you have so much help.

I was going to ask you if you wouldn't mind putting Russ' belated Birthday Card, in with him, but thought it was a selfish request. I am so glad you will be displaying all of his Glo-Cards. So cool.

You are so sweet to check in with us on this important day.

I Thank You, and Pray that it is a 'good' memorial, and a celebration of his life.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Hugs to you Nancy. I echo the sentiments of everyone here. just thinkin about ya.

StefanieRose said...

I wish it would stop raining so I could go out and look at the moon and think of you. Oh well I guess I will have to do it indoors! LOL!

Unknown said...

Special prayers for you.

~Betsy said...

I thought about you all day, Nancy. I'm so happy your friends have made the trip to be with you. Special high school and college friends are the best.

I pray all goes smoothly and please know your whole family has been in my prayers.

Lori1955 said...

I'll be thinking of you again tomorrow as you have your second service. This must be very draining on you. {{{HUGS}}} sweetie.

SKYGIRL said...

My Heart & Prayers are still with you today, Nancy, Dear.

OOXXOO N.Mc.

SKYGIRL said...

How are you holding up Nancy? I put in a prayer request(and my own prayer) for you last Night, at a new Church I have started to attend.

I also put one in, and said one for Lori, and Terry (Flinty!) and "ME!" and my Mom. I hope you will feel it, when they do a 'group' prayer, in your honor!

OOOXXXOOO N.Mc.