Friday, September 21, 2007

surreal week


i just now learned that a friend of mine just lost his father a few hours ago from alzheimer's. it almost doesn't seem possible. within a 5 day period 3 of our LO's are gone; helen, russ and now flinty's dad. they had all traveled a tough road, yet fought hard til the end. fortunately for all three it was a peaceful ending to a wonderful new beginning in Heaven. they are all now free of the disease that robbed them of their memories. we will continue to keep them in our hearts as we learn to start a new life, without them. i think i can speak for lori and flinty that our lives have forever been changed by this journey we traveled with our loved ones. but through it all we have become stronger, and more faithful.

my heart goes out tonight to both lori and especially flinty. i know i will forever feel connected to you both as i know this week will be forever etched in my mind. may God give us each the strength we need to adjust to life without helen, russ and flinty's dad. i hope they are together looking down on us praying for the same.

6 comments:

Lori1955 said...

It's strange how we were drawn together through our blogs and then to the three of us all coming to the end of this journey at the same time. Yes, I have been made a better person as a result of this disease. I think of it as their last gift to us. I too feel we will always be connected.
I hope you are doing OK Nancy. I am OK 90% of the time. Only a few tears every now and then.

SKYGIRL said...

Well I am so glad you are all doing so well. Apperantly I have become the designated griever! And that is O.K. I do it so well!

I grieve for you all, probably 'too' much, but if you come to the point, where you may feel that no one could possibly understand your pain?

I hope you will remember me. I must have a P.H.D. in empathy. And if you have read my last "Blog" I have to think that "Jesus" does too.

I am so sorry. Words can not express...period.

~Betsy said...

It really is surreal - what are the odds?

I really do think we have all been made a better person. I have no idea how anyone could be around someone with AD and not change their ways.

I continue to pray for you all.

StefanieRose said...

Oh Nancy I didn't know about Terry's dad. Its just so much all at once. I don't know how you all deal with it. You are so brave Nancy. You, Lori, and Terry really are my hero's. Please know how important you are to me Nancy. I wish I could do more for you.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

It has been a very surreal week for you all. My heart and prayers remain with you. I just wish there was more to offer. Please take care, Nancy

StefanieRose said...

I am thinking about you right now.