Tuesday, August 14, 2007

short term memory loss

last night and this morning were like any other day. russ slept peacefully through the night like he normally does. he woke this morning with a smile on his face. i got him up, dressed and sat outside with him while we waited for his ride to day care. i talked to him about the sounds we could hear; birds, a train whistle. "no" russ corrected me, "a train and a train whistle." he was right.

i called daycare and he was adjusting back into his routine just fine, smiling, happy.

he arrived home from daycare about the same time i got home from work. he ate a good dinner as usual and is now listening to music. he seems peaceful and happy.

i mentioned something about the "spa" he had just returned from and he looked at me and asked "i did?" i guess the adjustment back to our home routine has been smoother than i anticipated. i'm so relieved. i also guess this is one time i thankful for his short term memory loss.

p.s. unk is home and doing fine. most likely acid reflux problems. thank goodness!

5 comments:

~Betsy said...

Nancy, Russ sounds like an absolute gem. I can just picture him being so content and happy. You do a wonderful job with him!

Oh and HOORAY for unk!

rilera said...

I'm so glad that the transition from the 'spa' to home went so smoothly! Russ is very lucky to have you. Glad to hear unk is OK too.

Unknown said...

Russ sounds delightful as does sitting outside for a while. Wonderful post - enjoy reading your work.

Lori1955 said...

Wow that's great that Russ transitioned so well. I think we are the ones that often have the tougher time with the separation. I'm so glad unk is ok. I know when I get an acid refulx attack I am never sure if that is what it is or if I'm having a heart attack.

StefanieRose said...

thanks you for being around, and always being the first one to post on my blog. it means so much to me. just to know your there watching making sure i am ok. It just means so much. don't go away ok?