Tuesday, August 28, 2007

AD quilt


here is my finished square for the AD quilt that some of us from the AD caregivers forum are making. there will be 16 different squares from across the country made from caregivers for their loved ones. i have never quilted before so it was somewhat of a challenge. but as with any labor of love, i enjoyed the experience and am glad i participated. "camingnana", who is a quilter, agreed to put all of the squares she receives from us caregivers together to make the quilt. i am so anxious to see the final product. thank you camingnana for all your patience with us and hard work!

6 comments:

Lori1955 said...

Your square is beautiful. You did a great job. I can't wait to see this whole thing put together.

~Betsy said...

Good job, Nancy! I doubt I will be able to complete my square. I don't have the time or energy to do much these days.

nancy said...

betsy, maybe lori or someone else would be willing to finish/make it for you i know lori has made quite a few for others.

Unknown said...

Great job!

We have a new sewing place near us and I watched a deal on cable about them. It's all computerized now! They were making things and scanning in photos and the machine was duplicating the outline and so on.

Rather amazed me.

Jamielee said...

Great job on your square, Nancy. I am not a quilter either, but have made two quilt squares in my lifetime -- one for a quilt for lost babies, for our son Nathan, and another for a women that I knew from the internet but never met in person. Her husband had died suddenly and left her alone with two small children. A group of us banded together and made her a quilt. Seeing your square reminded me of those squares. : )

nancy said...

jamie,
it's amazing to me how different groups of people can band together for a common cause. i'm glad you understand. thanks.