Friday, October 12, 2007

weekend getaway


today bob and i will be leaving for the weekend to go up to door county, to my parents home. last weekend we did not go up to honor of all our birthdays as it was the alzheimer's walk. bob, my sister and i walked in russ' memory. it was 88 degrees with about 90% humidity, extremely atypical for a october day in wisconsin but we did it. i was a little worried as i was walking on a sprained ankle but managed the 4 miles just fine. we had looked and hoped to walk with the hospice group but never did find them. sue had heard there were to be between 5-6 thousand participating in the walk.

this weekend the temperature will be much different. the highs should only be in the 50's but it will seem more like a typical autumn day. we don't have any plans at this point, will just take it as it comes. i'm sure we will drive around looking at the color, take a beach walk and visit the cemetery. i'm also planning on having a small cake to light with candles so we can sing "happy belated birthday to us." i think they would both like that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

4 miles on a sprained ankle is above and beyond! But glad you got to do it.

We'll be leaving for somewhere in a couple of weeks. I like traveling this time of year. You guys have a wonderful time. I'll remember you.

Lori1955 said...

I think if I were you, I would have had someone push me in a wheelchair for those 4 miles. I'm glad our walk is only 2 miles.

I hope you have a wonderful time at the house. I need to get away. Can I come too? lol

StefanieRose said...

lol (laughing at lori)

I am glad you went! *hugs* I hope you have a good weekend my friend. You deserve it.

~Betsy said...

Congratulations on your walk. I'm with Lori - I'd have opted for wheels.

I hope you enjoy your weekend away. It sounds quite healing.