Monday, October 22, 2007

have faith





the senior pastor at our church is retiring at the end of the month and yesterday was his last day to preach. he has been here 25 years and it was very emotional for him as well as the congregation. his sermon was taken from luke 18 1-8. he talked about never giving up hope and being persistent in prayer. even though God knows what we will be praying we still need to pray and have faith.

i learned this lesson while caring for russ. i prayed daily and multiple times at that. God did hear my prayers, and they were answered, in His time.

i continue to pray that God helps all my caregiver friends deal with whatever struggles they are facing. AD is a horrific disease and one that presents new challenges each day. i also pray that God will continue to give me the strength to get up each day and face the day with optimism and faith. God bless us all.

4 comments:

Lori1955 said...

Oh yes, so many prayers said during this journey. And the last couple days of Helen's life I felt like I was in constant prayer. Now I pray that God leads me in the direction He wants me to go.
God Bless us all indeed.

SKYGIRL said...

Oh Nancy, Thank You for this post! I am sure it felt like climbing a Mountain, but I needed to 'Hear' it!

I am so low, and feeling so hopeless, with all that is going on with my Mom, and The Alz Board, horrible.

But, I have the opportunity to go Pray with a few memebers of my 'new' Church, on Wednesday Night, and you have just given me the 'Nudge' to so just that.

Thank You! N.Mc. OOOXXXOOO

~Betsy said...

The further I travel into this journey, the deeper I realize my faith really is.

I wish your senior pastor all the best in his future endeavors. He sounds like a great guy.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

These last few months I have been given the opportunity to enhance my relationship with God. I feel as though he brought you and the rest of our blog buddies into my life when I so desperately needed angels here on earth.

I prayed before but I don't ever think I have prayed so hard or so passionatley as I have lately. It is all I have now to seek some kind of understanding as to the why's and how's of life.

I wished the funeral director a good day today. He told me every day is a good day as long as we awaken and can take nourishment. Nourishment of the mind, soul and body.