Wednesday, January 16, 2008

things starting to look up?

(another picture taken from our yard with all our snowfall)


i had my telephone interview yesterday. HR called me at 9am and when i hung up my phone said 10min 55sec. HR basically reviewed my resume with me, confirming dates and job responsibilities. After that was completed HR asked me to define my definition of customer service and give an example of how i have given good customer service. pretty quick and harmless. still not sure why it couldn't have been done on monday. oh well......

this morning i e-mailed the nurse who runs the cancer program to see if she could shed more light on this new position that is being developed. she e-mailed me back 5 minutes later and stated she had already contacted HR to set up a time for me to come in to discuss this new position. YEAH!! maybe there is some hope afterall.

i will meet with her on friday morning. hopefully i'll have a better feel after that what the position will be and if it might be a good fit for us both.

2 nights ago i had my book club. it was my turn to host it. i actually had fun getting ready and thinking about what food to serve, etc. one of the gals even commented to me that i was starting to look like my old self again. as much as i hated hearing that maybe i have looked like sh-t the past few months, it was nice to hear a compliment.

on a final note, it's my sister's birthday today. happy birthday sue! i'm sure gene and russ are singing to you today.

7 comments:

Joanne said...

Nancy, I'm so happy your interview went well and they are setting up a time to meet with you personally. I wish you the best in this and hope it is what you are looking for.

Nice that you received a compliment. Someone telling you that you're looking like your old self is a sure sign that you're moving forward.

Happy Birthday to sister Sue!!!!

Unknown said...

Cool Nancy.

I'm going to try to find time and emotional energy to post about my work experiences since caregiving ended.

~Betsy said...

I'll be thinking positive thoughts and sending good vibes your way on Friday. I really hope this works out for you!

Lori1955 said...

Oh I'm so excited for you sweetie. I can't wait to hear how it goes on Friday. I'll be praying.

SKYGIRL said...

"YEAH!" I hope this is "IT!" If it is, it is in-the-bag, as soon as they see that *Smile*

How could they resist? And with all of your training, & personal experience? You are the entire package, the real deal!

I'd hire you in a heart-beat! ;-)

rilera said...

I hope this works out for you Nancy. It takes a very special person to work in oncology and I think you have what it takes. I remember my dad's hospice nurses and staff. They did so much for him and for my mom. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

arutherford said...

Nancy,
I'm praying that you will be at peace while you wait on His timing and guidance. You are His servant so He will place you where He needs you the most. He always has me. I know He will do that for you too.
God bless you,
Ann