Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy new year!


2008 is upon us. how glad i am that 2007 (and 2006 for that matter) is behind me. there were many struggles for me in 2007 both with russ and personal so i'm hoping that as lori said, 2008 will be "my year" as well. i not sure it could get much worse.

today i have been updating my resume and applying on line for jobs. i needed to take a few months off after russ died to start to make my way back to the "real" world before i started looking for a job. i know i'm not really back yet but with 2 boys in college and neither bob nor i bringing in a paycheck, 1 of us needs to get back to work.

bob continues to pursue new paths and i continue to fully support him in this quest. we both know he could find a job in a flash (he is a pharmacist by nature) but i hate for him to just take something that he doesn't want because then he will not have the time to continue to network and look. i figure if i get something now, by the time he finds something if i don't like what i'm doing, i can quit and look for something else.

what do i hope for in 2008? joanne posted a few days ago and really got me to thinking. to be honest, i still haven't fully figured it out but here are some thoughts. i hope for a peaceful year, a calm year, a year without the stresses and pressures i have felt for so long. i know that won't always be possible yet i hope for more good times than bad.

i hope for love and understanding as well. this journey that i traveled on at times made me have many negative feelings about myself and others. i want to be able to put all that behind me and start to build on positive relationships as negative ones only bring me down. life is too short and no one is perfect so i need to try to be more tolerant.

i want to laugh more. too many tears were shed this past year, enough to last a long time. laughter soothes the soul so i will try to take life less seriously and laugh. i use to laugh a lot. i know i haven't laughed near enough these past 2 years. and i hope for joy and happiness for not only myself but for all my blogger friends and family.

for those of you still caregiving, i pray and hope for easy days, for i know that the road you are traveling will not get better. cherish those lucid times and remember to take long deep breaths along the way. don't forget the importance of touch with your loved one and tell them you love them. we all know how scared they must be.

for you caregivers no longer caring, i hope 2008 is also a year to find and rediscover yourself. take time if you can for just you. indulge yourself as you never had time to do before. you were all so unselfish with your time, now it's time for you.

i have to have faith and believe that God has a plan for each one of us. i hope both bob and i will find what we are looking for career wise and that both matt and mark will continue to make smart choices as they continue to grow into young men.

God bless us all!

11 comments:

Joanne said...

What a beautiful post, Nancy. You have a great start to a list of hopes with caring and loving thoughts behind them. I hope you find that love and understanding and have many, many days where you find yourself laughing. I hope you and Bob find the jobs you will be satisfied and secure with. Thank you for sending hope for easy days and I'll certainly remember to take those deep breaths. You're a wonderful friend, Nancy. I hope the very best for you and your family and many, many more years of happiness together. ((hugs))

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Nancy,
I hope you and Bob find what you are after in 2008. I'm right there with you trying to find what it is that will peak my interest somehow.

I wish all those good things you write about for you and Bob. May every good thing come your way this new year!

Anonymous said...

Nancy, can I borrow some of your new year ideas? I'm still sitting here telling myself that this year has GOT to be better than last year, with no real ideas about what to do! :-)

Have a good year, shoot, have a good DAY! I'd be happy with just a day at this point!

Unknown said...

Wow, another excellent post and comments. You all are really good bloggers.

I was struck by the photo though. Faith, love, and peace is pretty hard to beat.

My prayers for both you and Bob on finding work.

StefanieRose said...

<3 you Nancy. I hope this is your year as well.

rilera said...

What a lovely post. Nancy, my hope for you is that you find peace, a job that is fulfilling and time to spend with the ones you love. You are amazing.

Lori1955 said...

I hope you and Bob both find wonderful fulfilling jobs. I pray that all that you wish for in 2008 will be yours. This just has to be our year!!!

~Betsy said...

I must have missed this post somehow, Nancy. Sorry about that. My mind has been elsewhere lately and it shows in my slow blog responses.

I wish everything good for you, Bob and the boys this year. You deserve it for sure.

Lots of ((hugs)) to you all.

dave said...

Have yourself a good year, Nancy. May all your wishes come true.

rainbowheart said...

Nancy,
I hope and pray that you and Bob find the jobs that you want in the New Year. I know when I go back to work that I want to do something that I will enjoy not just something that will bring home a paycheck. I wish you health, happiness, peace and joy also in 2008!

SKYGIRL said...

You deserve all the very best of everything Nancy. I am not sure that is how it works, but I hope so!

My Uncle who is about 82 Years Old, but very sharp, said "You will get your rewards, just don't expect to get them here, you will be rewarded in Heaven!"

I hope he is wrong!

I also told my Chiropractor today, I will probably come back in the next life, wealthy, and very healthy! It was kind of a joke, because I dont believe in reincarnation, but it seems that would be only....fair!

The very best to You & Yours, in this coming Year, Nancy!

Love Ya Girl! ;-)