Friday, January 18, 2008

patience

my meeting went as well as i think i could have hoped for today. the director of the oncology program was very kind, informative and honest. she explained that this new job has been in the works since june as the oncology program has been growing. we seemed to get along well, discussing physicians who we both knew and worked with 20 years ago, and shared ideas and philosophies about managing staff and patient care. i was asked some tough questions but i think i handled and answered them well. she gave me a few indications that she was interested in me and hopes to have something in writing to share with me by the end of the month.

i respected her honesty so even though i will continue to pursue other options i will also hang tight until the end of the month. patience is something that is not always easy to practice but once again it is something i will try to do.

an unexpected highlight happened as we were talking in the open cafe like area. one of my neighbor's walked by and asked me if i worked there. i stated no but i was finding out about some job opportunities. my neighbor looked at who i was meeting with and said, "oh nancy's great, you should hire her!" i hope it didn't look like this was a set-up! LOL.

10 comments:

Lori1955 said...

I'm glad it went well. If she is going to show you something by the end of the month, it sounds like she is interested in you. I know patience is hard, I'm not very good at it either, but good things happen to those who wait. Or so they say anyway.

I love that your neighbor was there. I was thinking you should give out the interviewers phone number and we could all call in for you. Too much?

SKYGIRL said...

That is great Nancy. God sent her from Central-Castings, is what I like to think!

I am sorry you have to wait! I HATE to wait! But like you, I know that 'Patience is a Virtue'....Argggggggg!

~Betsy said...

Patience isn't one of my strong points either. I really hope this works out for you, Nancy. It sounds to me as if it would be right up your alley.

OK - Lori can call the interviewer first, then Nancy, and I will bring up the rear. Just hand over the number! :D

StefanieRose said...

lol sounds like it went well! :) *hugs* I hope its everything you want.

SKYGIRL said...

You know, I was thinking Nanc, using your "Hospice Team" (for your Dad) for references, wouldn't be such a bad idea? They sure saw how you worked under pressure(beautifully!) and under the most difficult of circumstances?

And you seemed to become very close to them too?

Or, the Nurses from the Hosital?

I've forgotten their names, but I know you haven't!

Just a thought.

Joanne said...

I used to be good with the patience thing. Not so much anymore. Sounds like she's interested since she said she'd have something to you by the end of the month. Hope things go the way you'd like.

You have more patience than you give yourself credit for, Nancy. Good luck to you.

rilera said...

That is too funny about your neighbor! My fingers are crossed for you...and for the Packers tomorrow!

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

I'm really hoping for the best for you on this job. It sounds like it is just right up your alley. Just make sure you tell them you need a few days off in April;)

arutherford said...

Patience is trusting that God has a plan for you and knowing that it is perfect...in His time.

Easy to wait? Heck no! Rewarding? Definitely!
Continuing to pray.
Also wishing the Packers the best of luck tomorrow. ; }
Ann

arutherford said...

As to the neighbor-definitely a Godsequence. ; }