Tuesday, July 17, 2007

unk & dunk


i owe a lot to my uncle ("unk") for helping me to create my blog (and i must say we had fun doing it). many have told me that i should keep a journal to record my thoughts and experiences of this journey. i love reading the journals/blogs of friends i've met on the internet who are also traveling this same road and have gained SO much insight from them. my unk is my mom's only sibling and lives in california. over the years we did not have the opportunity to see each other often and would only talk maybe 2-3 times a year. since my mom's death he has been a wonderful source of strength and support. without fail he has called me every sunday since my mom died and has only missed maybe a handful of sundays in 17 months.

unk and dunk (dottie, his wife, my aunt) were here for the last week to visit, to make me laugh, reminisce, and to give me and bob some respite. unk admitted that he and dunk were a little nervous about staying with my dad (russ) but it was something they wanted to do. they did a fantastic job and i really think russ may have recognized unk at one point for a brief flash. i know my mom is very proud of her baby brother. thanks unk & dunk!!! i love you both.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your site! You have done an excellent job. I will link you!

nancy said...

oh shirl,

thank you SO much. i'm glad you like it. that is the ultimate compliment coming from you!!! i really appreciate your feedback.

Lori1955 said...

Nancy could you please send unk and dunk my way. They look like people I could trust. :)

nancy said...

lori, how far is eldorado hills from you? LOL!

Lori1955 said...

Hey nancy, they are only about 500 miles from me. When can they be here? :)

Pier said...

"Unk" and "Dunk"...Nancy that is too funny!!

What a lovely family!

God bless!
Pier

Jamielee said...

Nice Niece Nurse Nancy -- Love, love, love reading your blog! That first entry was so beautiful, and brought tears to my eyes.

I'm so glad my dear old dad was there to help you set it up, give you and Bob a night or two out, and generally bring a smile to your beautiful face.

I love you and miss you and wish I could come visit more often. Know that I'm there with you in spirit. Call or e-mail, any time!

nancy said...

thank you jamie. i wish you guys were closer too. unk and i had many nice talks about you during his visit. i still thank you for directing me to the alz. site. it has helped me so much!

Lori1955 said...

Nancy, how did the doctors appointment go today?