Monday, July 23, 2007

lemonade anyone?





yesterday afternoon was a beautiful day. russ and i sat outside, listening for birds and train whistles (as a youth he worked at a railroad yard signaling trains). i offered him a glass of lemonade and he curtly told me “i’ll hold it. you always get it all over me.” i quickly said “ok” and apologized for my messiness in previous times. my son mark was standing near, heard my dad, and quickly turned away so russ wouldn’t see him laugh.

this morning as i was giving russ his scheduled liquid tylenol i was conscious of whether any would spill. it didn’t so i asked russ, how did i do? he looked at me and then replied, “you’re getting better.” i’ll have to let mark know when he gets home from work. he'll be happy to hear that!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nancy,

Dad and I sit on the porch and count cars and watch the world go by. Sometimes there is an ambulance or a fire truck. That's really exciting for us. I loved reading about the lemonade! Glad you're getting better at serving things too!!

nancy said...

thanks flintysooner. i never realized that i wasn't that proficient at it. good thing he pointed it out to me!

Lori1955 said...

Well it's a good thing Russ pointed that out to you. Now you have a mission. lol.

~Betsy said...

Russ sounds like such a sweetie!

Pier said...

ROFL!! Nancy, thank goodness they still have a sense of humor...or at least that's how we can interpret it!!

Hugs for sharing!
Pier