Tuesday, March 18, 2008

orientation

i started my new job yesterday but it will be at least a week before i can start assessing what i really think of it. this whole week i will be in orientation meetings. a lot of it is boring but a necessary evil. i think over the years i have learned how to be a good listener as well as what HIPPA etc. means. actually tomorrow afternoon through friday i will have 1 on 1 training learning the computer system they use and things specific to my job. hopefully that will be more interesting, or at least more applicable. the highlight yesterday was they had a HUGE potluck to celebrate st. patty's day. i kidded a few of the staff saying they didn't have to go to such extremes to welcome me!

6 comments:

rilera said...

Thanks for updating us on your first day. I hope things go well and you find that it is a good fit for you.

~Betsy said...

How sweet of them to put out such a spread for you on your first day! hehe

I have high hopes for you and this job, Nancy. I'm sure it feels good to be busy again and even though it may be tiring, learning new things is always a good thing.

Hang in there!

Lori1955 said...

Wow, already partying on your first day. Sounds like a great job so far. The computers should at least be more interesting than the meetings. I really hope that this job works out for you and that you are happy there. Congrats sweetie.

Unknown said...

Glad you're working Nancy. All my best wishes.

rainbowheart said...

Congrads Nancy!! Finally got started at the new job. I am suppose to have an interview next week!! YAY!!! Take care and have a good week....

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Great update! This sounds like a good fit for you. I really hope you like this:) Of course, it will all come full circle one you get your first paycheck!