Wednesday, April 23, 2008

a wonderful weekend




i had wanted to post earlier but we have had some problems with our computer so.....
first of all, this picture is actually mine but it looks almost identical to chris'. i have to agree with lori and snick. this weekend was everything i had hoped it to be.

some people i told i was going away for the weekend to visit with some dear friends whom i had never met gave me a weird look, or were leary, my sister included. fortunately a few, bob, unk and my niece kimi supported me and seemed to understand. i never gave it a second thought. like lori said, we have been through so much with each other over the months, that i already knew you all SO well, the meeting face to face was just a formality.

everyone was just as i had pictured. lori, i've know you the longest and maybe the best as we went through our "week from hell" with flinty and our LO's, helen, russ and flinty's dad. you have that quiet strength and loving heart that i've always admired about you and it was great to be able to finally see it in person.

snick, you have a soft gentleness about you and i swear, you have the prettiest blue eyes i have ever seen.

ann, you have a comforting calmness about you that makes one just pour out their heart to you. thank you.

jackie, i have to admit, i didn't know you near as well but i enjoyed getting to know you and admire you so much for the wonderful and giving heart you have in caring for your mom. it was cute that "she remembered all of us" as well!

i surprised myself that i didn't get too emotional all weekend. even with some reminiscing about our journeys and struggles i did very well. it wasn't until i was getting ready to leave that the tears started to flow. i know it was because i just didn't want to leave.

i can't thank you all enough for the effort that was made by all of you to come. lori and ann for traveling great distances, snick for making 2 trips on sat and sun to join us and jackie for arranging to leave your mom for the weekend and then opening up your home to us. i will treasure this time we spent together forever and hope that we can do it again and have others join us. (we talked about you betsy and still can't figure out why you didn't change the wedding to chicago so we could come!)

i love you all!!!

6 comments:

Lori1955 said...

It was a great weekend but wasn't long enough. I managed to keep from crying until I got off the airplane and then I cried all the way home. When we first planned this weekend, we never gave a thought to what the dates were. I'm so glad we could be together on that 7 month anniversary week.

By the way, Snick's blue eyes really are amazing aren't they?

~Betsy said...

Nancy, I tried to move the wedding to Chicago, but the groom's family refused to change their flights! LOL

I really wish I could have been a part of this awesome get together - perhaps next time.

I'm so glad you all had such a wonderful weekend. There's just something about AD caregivers, isn't there?

StefanieRose said...

I am so glad you posted. Its wonderful to see you all together. I love you too, even though we could not be there. *huggles*

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Wonderful post Nancy. We had a great time, eh? I sit here tonight and wish it were last weekend again. We will have to do this again. Missing you and hoping you are having a great weekend.

Thanks for the compliment about my eyes. The happier I am, the more blue they get. Of course I was happy, I was with you all!

~Betsy said...

Just checking in on you, Nanc.

rilera said...

Hi Nancy, just checking in. Hope you are OK! How's the job?