Thursday, December 20, 2007

3 months

today was 3 months since russ died. it was also a thursday. except for the fact that i was wide awake well before 5 am, like lori, my day went well and i am OK with it.

2 nights ago "an affair to remember" was on with cary grant and deborah kerr. it was a remake of the 1939 movie "love affair". this was a favorite movie of my mom and mine. i can't tell you how many times we would watch it together and cry. it didn't start until 11 pm and i debated watching it as i wondered if it would be too emotional to see it without her. i also wondered if i would be able to stay up until 1:45 am when it would be over. i decided to watch it alone, stayed awake for the entire movie and found it very comforting. i didn't cry except at the end and smiled many times throughout the movie as some of my mom's favorite parts would come up.

i kinda feel it was her way of telling me that both she and my dad are ok. they have reconnected in heaven just like cary grant and deborah kerr did at the end of the movie. call me sappy, a romanticist and sentimental, but i really felt her presence while i watched it.

yesterday i stopped at church and spoke to pastor dave about me feeling so down last week and the anticipation of Christmas without my parents. we had a good discussion about not rushing these feelings and that it was good to let them out. i then sat in church by myself and prayed for strength to get through this next week.

like lori said, i'm just grateful that today i was ok. i pray for the same for you tomorrow terry.

7 comments:

Lori1955 said...

You have been in my thoughts today. I'm glad you are doing OK. I hope it lasts for both of us. It is almost like a veil of peace has been placed over me lately. I pray that you too are at peace.

~Betsy said...

I'm so glad to see your day went OK. You were on my mind and in my prayers when I realized the date. ((hugs))

arutherford said...

Nancy, I have been thinking about you a lot lately knowing that these can be some really tough days. I pray that He will indeed restore your strength and comfort you, but also give you glimpses of the joy and hope of the season.
Love, Ann

Joanne said...

I commented in the post below that you were in my thoughts on Thursday. I've been thinking of you, Terry, Betsy, and Lori--everyone-- all week. I'll continue to keep all of you in my thoughts wishing you all the strength to get through the holidays. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

I wonder how long we will all remember the anniversaries. It's been 6 years now for my mother and I still remember it. I even remember the date that Judy's dad died and I never knew him.

Dad's a little different though. I remember every Friday evening and every month and every quarter.

I remain very grateful to all my blog friends. I value everyone of you and think of you often.

Many blessings to you Nancy.

rainbowheart said...

Nancy,
It is good to hear that your day was ok. My heart broke as I read your post and the memory of your Mom. I pray for you, Lori, Stef, and Terry that God will comfort you all especially during this holiday season.

~Betsy said...

Just checking in on you, buddy.