Sunday, February 1, 2009

time to end

as some have done before me, and others will after me, i think the time has come to stop blogging, at least on this blog.

this blog was a life line to me during a very painful time in my life and i honestly don't know how i would have survived without this blog and all the wonderful friends i met and the love and support i received from all of you.

in just 2 weeks it will be the third anniversary of gene's death. from that day forward, my life drastically changed forever, and my new life with caring for a parent with AD began. but that stage too ended 16 months ago. life does go on, and it's time for me to really focus on the future.

i, like others, will continue to check in with everyone as i have been doing. but to be honest, the frequency of my posts have drastically decreased over time so it's time. i had thought about it when lori and flinty stopped but now something is telling me that it is really time now. i can't quite bring myself to delete my blog so it will remain up. maybe someone will come across it who can find some answers or get some help from reading it.

again, the bond that was formed with all of you will never be forgotten or broken. i love you all and wish you nothing but peace, love, strength, health and happiness; today and always. God bless us all!

p.s. rabbit rabbit.

8 comments:

rilera said...

Please keep your blog on blogger even if you don't post. it's like a living tribute to your deep love for Russ and Gene.

Lori1955 said...

I hope you join Snick and I with starting a new blog. I understand needing to close this one.

It's interesting how we all seem to be on the same timeline with AD, grief and the need to move on.

You will always be a part of my life. We have gone through much together. Don't ever stray too far away.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Nancy, your posts here have given me strength and hope, a smile and a shared tear. I am going to miss checking in on you!

The circle has nearly completed, my online family is moving away! Don't go too far, okay?

I look forward to you stopping in at my blog and leaving your thoughts.

I too hope that you choose to begin anew at perhaps a "new beginning" on a new blog. Please do keep in touch. I don't want to lose you!

Take good care as you continue to move forward in your own life journey.

Rabbit, rabbit...And Godspeed.

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Rabbit Rabbit to you too! Rilera had a nice thought there and it is reason enough to keep my blog up as well as a living tribute to our loved ones and also to all the support we have been given.

For every ending, there is a new beginning. I hope you continue to blog about other things near and dear to you. I think there just comes a time when a person needs to surround themselves with different things. It's a part of growing and learning about ones self.

Take care and I hope you decide to try another blog when you are ready. I look forward to reading it:)

~Betsy said...

I understand, but like the others, hope you continue to blog and post. You were such a source of strength to me, too. It really is something the way we all came together.

Love ya, Nancy.

SKYGIRL said...

Oh Nanc! I don't want you to go too! But I understand. I hope you start another Blog as well, like I see a few others have.

Don't forget that "Dancing With The Stars" is firing up again! And I will keep you posted about the quilt. There is a little new, news, about it!

Love ya!

Joanne said...

Sorry to see you leave this blog. Keep in touch and email me if you start another.