Saturday, August 2, 2008

preparation

why is it that when we go on vacation it always takes to much preparation to do it? there are so many loose ends to tie up before you can go. there is the mail and paper to stop, plants and pets to worry about, cleaning out the refrigerator, not to mention laundry and packing and lists upon lists of things so that you don't forget things.

as least that is the case with me. i am usually exhausted by the time i get somewhere that i spend the first day or two trying to catch up on my sleep. i'm sure it doesn't help that my basic personality is to be a procrastinator. why do something today when you can do it tomorrow? i have always been that way but the older i get the harder it is.

even now i am doing that. i meant to blog last night but decided to watch the brewers game first. then i needed to finish up with work i had brought home. that took me past midnight. ahh, there's always the morning to pack. i am up now but decided to blog first, then i will pack. guess whatever is thrown in at the last minute is what i will wear for the week. the nice thing is we are going up to door county for the week. there is no real agenda up there, i don't tend to need many if any dress clothes. a bathing suit, shorts, tops and maybe pants in case it gets cool.

it will be wonderful to get up there and spend a week. so very relaxing and peaceful, and close to gene and russ. we are shooting to leave in 2 hours so i better go and start packing and check my lists. i hope everyone has a peaceful week.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, it is hard to go. When you return it is hard to recover!

My brother returned from his vacation and told me he needed a vacation because of his vacation.

Dad always said that he was already living in his idea of paradise and why would he want to leave it? He meant his farm, of course. He did so love it.

I do enjoy going to see new things and new places though. And then I really enjoy getting home.

Have a good time and surely appreciate your post, too. Think of you often.

rilera said...

Have a great time Nancy!

¸.•*´)ღ¸.•*´Chris said...

Door County=God's Country
I'm envious...sounds like a wonderful vacation and one well deserved! It is really so beautiful up there and if anyone hasn't visited Door County, it is indeed a treat to go.

I hope you have a good time and don't forget to just relax and enjoy. Take care sweetie. See you soon:)

Lori1955 said...

Oh, I know what you mean about all the preparation to go on vacation. I am big on making lists so I don't forget anything. But for me the worst is getting back. I think my last trip, it took me about 2 weeks before I finally unpacked.

Hope you are having a wonderful, peaceful trip. See you soon sweetie.

rainbowheart said...

I hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing vacation. I think that everyone needs a vacation.

I am hoping to go to the mountains in North Ga. in late September or early October. Apple picking..

Take care and thinking of you!!

~Betsy said...

Sorry I'm late in posting - I hope you had a wonderful time. It's so good to get away sometimes! (((((hugs)))))